Pages

One Lagos Fiesta

One Lagos Fiesta

Monday 28 April 2014

WHO NO GO, NO KNOW. WHO NO KNOW, NO GO

WHO NO GO, NO KNOW. WHO NO KNOW, NO GO 

Sometime in 2009, I think, (because we had just moved into IKOYI) I posted a status message that talked about how it was becoming increasingly important to do a pre employment medical test on all my domestic staff. I even recommended it to many people. Especially to those who had children, and the children and would be in constant contact with these domestic staff.

The people who cry more than the bereaved jumped on me. It is the abuse of the fundamental right of the domestic staff.  One person even offered free legal services to the domestic staff. And boasted he or she, ( DONT remember if male or female) will sue me for all I got. Adding that because it want to give someone a job, DOESNT permit me to dehumanize the person.

A lady, socialite, who I often ran into at events, also joined them. (Though I must say, a lot more agreed with me.) the said lady, met me at a diagnostic center on Kofo Abayomi, on 2012, 3 years after we had had that test or no test argument. She was there to test her new HOUSEGIRL!!! You Kuku know me. I took my pound of flesh back. Gleefully too. Oh no. It's not like that. Between then (2009) and now (2012) she had had a baby and it was necessary to protect the child. You know you can't be too careful.

Really?!! Seriously? 

That was another time that I realize how fake many people are on social network. They come on these platforms, "activist" whatever they like and when the reality hits them in the face, they capitulate to the truth. 

The first time, I realized the two faced nature of people, was also interesting. Many years ago, I also talked about a lady who sent me an inbox message of how she got pregnant for a married man. And wanted me to post the "dilemma" on my status to let her have different opinion on how to go about it. One lady, carried the matter on her head. Called her home breaker, prostitute, sinner, gold digger... I know you already guessed it... The same lady, who called the lady who I inboxed me names,... got pregnant for a married Senator. And she was trying to tell me, "Ali, you won't understand. This one is different."

All of these things I am saying, is because of these girls that were kidnapped. When all these killings were going on in different parts of North East, my uncle withdrew his only son from North Central, to a school in the south. I posted it, and some dimwits had the effrontery to call me divisive. That my tweets were anti GEJ and were not nationalistic. Nationalistic my foot!!! How many parents in Lagos, will not stop their kids from going to school, if they hear there is a riot? Not BOKO Haram o! Just riot. And some people will open their stinking mouth to say, people should not take their kids from some places they think will be exposing their kids to danger of being killed or kidnapped. After federal govt denounce the act, e-never finish? You will be one child less. And if that is all you have...

Now some of those same people are now campaigning for the Government to do something to secure the releAse of the abducted girls. LOBATAN. I had a chat with one of them. I asked her, SHEBI you called me names, back then in February when I tweeted that people should not send their kids to schools in the north, What has changed?

"This is different", she said. 

Haven't I heard that before? Yes I have. Bet some of you have too. This is different. What is different? The children need to be protected. All these kids that are being killed, I hope none of them carried the potential to find the cure for AIDS. Because, that would be it!

But just in case you missed my point, I will state it again. DONT LET YOUR WARDS GO TO SCHOOLS ON THE NORTH, UNTIL YOU ARE SURE THEY ARE SAFE OR CAN BE PROTECTED IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.


PERIOD!!!

6 comments:

  1. Sir you are totally right..I see no reasons why people should leave their wards in the north when it is considered an unsafe place to leave in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WydeInfo provides complete infromation of uae top business companies.Wydeinfo is UAE is best best buiness directory.If you are looking UAE yellow page and UAE top business companies then you are at best place.WydeInfo give you complete content of UAE alibaba.It is best UAE business directory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its amazing how judgemental people can be once its another person wearing the shoes, but let them wear even a smaller shoe of same mame like this peren! Story will change. Very apt Ali, na who wear am know wear e dey pain am. And like Tubaba said, 'walk in my shoes a thousand miles, u go see whether your smile no turn to frown'-or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People really need to be careful, like you mentioned. We have many activists on Nigerian social media that live fake lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People really need to be careful, like you mentioned. We have many activists on Nigerian social media that live fake lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir,what I've come to realise over time is that the so called critics have a lot going on in their lives.....all that glitters is not gold

    ReplyDelete