Pages

One Lagos Fiesta

One Lagos Fiesta

Sunday 26 February 2017

PIRACY!!!


Someone asked me yesterday why #theweddingparty movie is being sold on the street. And I sent him this. This is the same reason most of our government officials loot the treasury. Because the forfeiture laws are child's play. If a pirate is caught, he gets away with a fine of 40k. If I steal N1b from government coffers, if I hold on to that for 4 years, and you ask me to refund it, I can give government N2.5b sef. The penalty should be a deterrent. Not an option. It should hurt. Like if men who rape minors get castrated and those who rape anyone... death by hanging. So let the pirates pay an equivalent of $250,000 and a 5 year jail term. Don't forget, those people on the street are not the pirates. The pirates are in a hotel. Waiting for the proceeds. But if you start picking the guys on the street up... change will come.

1 comment: