Pages

One Lagos Fiesta

One Lagos Fiesta

Thursday 8 December 2016

Don't stay down


The worst thing you can do to yourself is to stay down. No matter how many times you get knocked down, you can only succeed if you get up and move on. Picking yourself up is a factor of how much you want to succeed. Go back in history.. who started Facebook? Twitter? Bill Gates and many like him were drop outs! @alexanderamosu was a drop out... no matter what kind of down you find yourself in, no matter what got you there, getting up and rising to the top is what only you can decide. Did you know I used to live at the bar beach? Did you know that the owner of Niteshift Colesium refused that I should perform in his club? Did you know I was disowned for not reading law? Did you know I used to squat in YabaTech? Did you know I used to trek from NTA to palmgrove? Did you know that I was rejected several times by some corporate organizations when I started doing stand up? Did you know I worked for free for like a year in a whole in Lagos from 1990 till 1992? Staying where circumstances put you is not success. Rising above it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment